Do I need a reservation?
- Yes, we do require a reservation for all rides. If you would like to schedule a ride for the day of, please contact our office by phone to check for what availability we will have. The horses are hauled into the winery location, so we need to make sure that we have enough horses ready for each ride.
What do I need to wear?
- We recommend that you wear jeans or pants and closed toe shoes. We highly recommend avoiding open toed shoes of any kind, skirts, dresses etc. We recommend something that you are comfortable in and is appropriate for the weather. Sunglasses, sunscreen and bottle water are also good things to remember to bring along for your ride.
Do I have to wear helmet?
- We recommend that all riders wear a helmet when riding. You do have the option to waive that option and ride without a helmet. We have a variety of sizes and helmets available at the time of your ride to chose from if you would like to.
Do I need to fill anything out before riding?
- You will need to fill out and sign a liability waiver for Wine Country Trails. These are available to download on our website as well as at time of the ride. You will need to sign one before riding.
How long is the ride?
- The ride is approximately 90 minutes long. This can vary a little bit for each ride depending on group size and how often you may want to stop for photo opts etc.
Do I need to know how to ride?
- No, you do not need any riding experience to ride with us. Our horses are gentle and quiet and know the trail very well. Our experienced guides will be with you the whole way so if you ever feel uncomfortable, they will be right there to assist you.
What is your refund policy?
- We offer a full refund if you cancel your ride 48 hours in advanced. If you need to cancel less than 48 hours ahead of time, then you will be refunded 50% of your purchase. Please plan accordingly. You can always reschedule your ride for another date with no penalty.
What happens if weather prevents us from riding at our scheduled time? (Rain, heat etc)
- If we must cancel a scheduled ride do to weather, we will do our best to reschedule your ride for the same day or for next available ride when the weather clears. If rain or extreme heat is in the forecast we will contact you via email, text message or phone number to keep you updated on the status of the ride. If you are unable to make a rescheduled ride time, then you can reschedule for a later date or can request a refund at that time.
Do you we wine taste while horseback riding?
- No we do not do any wine tasting while riding. You can wine taste before or after your ride depending on the time of day of your scheduled ride but due to liability we do not do any wine tasting while riding. The situation with COVID changes quickly and often so you will want to check with any winery you plan to visit that day to confirm what services they are offering that day. Please note the hours of the wineries that you are choosing to your wine tastings at, as some close early in evening at 4pm or earlier.
Where are you located?
- We are located in the parking lot at the corner of Anza Rd and Rancho California Rd. You can follow this link for directions. Look for us in the dirt lot, located directly east of the paved parking area. You will see the hitching post and office in that lot. You won’t be able to miss us!
Are children allowed to ride?
- Yes! Children ages 7 and older are eligible to ride. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to wear a helmet. We have the option of one of our guides leading any young riders that do not feel confident enough to ride on their own.
Are there any weight restrictions for riding?
- Yes, in order to protect our horses, we do have maximum weight allowance of 240 lbs. We unfortunately cannot offer rides to anyone over that weight limit.
Do you offer any packages for large groups?
- Yes, we do! We love hosting family reunions, bachelorette parties, corporate retreats and birthday parties! Just call our office and we can make arrangements for your group size! 951-506-8706
I want to plan a special event with you (i.e. proposal, birthday, bachelorette)? Can you help with some extra details?
- Yes we love helping with special events! We have had hundreds of wedding proposals planned with us as well as anniversaries and birthdays. If you want some extras to surprise someone with (flowers, wine etc), give us a call and we would be more than happy to help you with the details and pull off the surprise! 951-506-8706.